"Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce." ~anonymous
"Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it." ~Mary Oliver
"Even the smallest dog can lift its leg on the tallest building." ~Jim Hightower
"If you don't speak out when it matters, when would it matter for you to speak out? ~Jim Hightower
As I walked up the steps to the Sacred Journey service, I remembered (the music helped) that it was "Blue Grass Sunday". Immediately I wished I had stayed in bed listening to the rain. My plan was to leave after the blessing of the space. Each time I tried to leave, I noticed the joy in the faces of those around me. Even the kids were tapping their feet and bouncing in their chairs. What was I missing? After each song we were given more of the message which came in snippets and quotes from "regular folks", and they did indeed carry the message. Even the music began to grow on me, and perhaps my feet started to tap with the others.
Comments