I have learned the trick to being able to stay on the elliptical for over twenty-five minutes. As soon as I started reading Wild, I didn't want to put it down, so I started choosing the elliptical trainer with a place to hold my iPhone. This allowed me to read and to stay on the elliptical for a more extended time. My guess is it helps that the book told the story of hiking the PCT, and it encouraged me to keep going. If Cheryl Stayer could be out in extreme temps with boots that were too small and toe nails falling off, certainly I could stay on the elliptical a bit longer. Tomorrow I start a new book. We'll see if it works as well. If not I'm also planning on trying some outdoor jogging to see how the hips (and knees) hold up on something less forgiving than the elliptical begin. Bring it!
I have learned the trick to being able to stay on the elliptical for over twenty-five minutes. As soon as I started reading Wild, I didn't want to put it down, so I started choosing the elliptical trainer with a place to hold my iPhone. This allowed me to read and to stay on the elliptical for a more extended time. My guess is it helps that the book told the story of hiking the PCT, and it encouraged me to keep going. If Cheryl Stayer could be out in extreme temps with boots that were too small and toe nails falling off, certainly I could stay on the elliptical a bit longer. Tomorrow I start a new book. We'll see if it works as well. If not I'm also planning on trying some outdoor jogging to see how the hips (and knees) hold up on something less forgiving than the elliptical begin. Bring it!
Comments