My doctor's appointment with the hip surgeon was at 2:50 today. Around 4:00, after finishing the young adult book I was reading, I approached the desk. "I understand the doctor is behind schedule, but could you please tell me how much longer I will be waiting? Should I go to my car and get another book?" She apologized for the wait and hinted that getting another book would be a good idea. I understand why surgeons get behind with their appointments and appreciate the time my surgeon spends with his patients, including me. When I set up an appointment for December, I repeated the time, 3:10, to the receptionist, and then added, "I should show up at 4:00." The receptionist was delighted that I could laugh about it.
The image today is of a bookmark I found in the book from the media center that I was reading. I appreciate both sayings on the bookmark. According to Wikipedia: "The name of Paisa derives from the Spanish apocope of Paisano (one from the same country), although they are also known as "Antioqueños" (those from the old Antioquia that included the other Paisa provinces and that was a single administrative body until the creation of the Caldas State in 1905.) Although many refer to Paisas as an ethnic group (raza antioqueña or raza paisa), they are a part of the Colombians and Latin American peoples."
Comments