![]() |
| Most of First Flat |
The strawberries are ahead of schedule by two weeks, so we picked today at the end of the season. Bauer Berry Farm is only open for nine more days. Although the picking was fabulous, I came home with two flats of wonderful strawberries. A friend who picked with me today was actually the same friend that gave me pointers on freezing the berries when I started this a few years ago. Today she stood in my kitchen and exposed some hints. One was something her mother did last year while the other was something she was hiding from me. Her mother's tip was to use a fan to dry the berries a bit before freezing them. The hint she hid was to put plastic wrap down on the pan first, so the berries didn't freeze to the pan. This also made it easier to put the frozen strawberries in a bag. I wonder what other freezing tips she is hiding!

Comments