Today was the official last day of school. It was an emotional day since many of the people I love and respect are leaving. This year has been difficult. Part of the reason has to do with lack of discipline in our building and two of the three administrators (or perhaps all three... difficult to tell). Several years ago when our school became a fabulous place to work, the administrator compared our needed growth and goals to a house. We needed to start in the basement with discipline before we put in furniture, etc. At a meeting this morning, the current administrator admitted that our house was a mess. In reality the house is crumbling at the foundation. It doesn't matter. Although I tried to say goodbye to some of the people who will not return next year, I found it too difficult. Instead I decided to make a quick exit. Summer begins.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments