![]() |
| Look at my facial expression... Maybe I was coming up with a similar plan. |
Father's Day is tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll post about my great dad. Today, however, I would like to post about my ingenuity. I have pulled off (well, almost, he's not here yet) the Father's Day Coup. When I was little my dad read to me which made me smart, allowing me to "think outside the box". My cupboard hinges are loosening to the point that merely using the drill to put the screws back doesn't necessarily work. The ceiling fan in my bedroom doesn't operate well on high speed which is problematic since I don't like to run the AC (although I am today for my dad). Financial statements (retirement.. will it ever happen?) overwhelm me. All of these things are too difficult for me yet easy for my dad. A couple of weeks ago I devised a plan in my head although I wasn't sure if it would be feasible. When I was talking to my dad on the phone, I told him I had a wonderful idea for Father's Day. We could hang out at my place! He could help me with a list of things I needed to get done, and I could cook for him (or take him out for meals). It seemed like the perfect Father's Day to me. Genius! My dad is coming today and tomorrow to help me around the house... for FATHER'S Day... Seriously! Does it get any better than this?

Comments