I will admit to liking this song even though I know I probably shouldn't. In fact I actually downloaded it to my phone. It's an uplifting beat for when I'm bored out of my mind on the elliptical. Imagine my joy when I saw the Obama video.
Many of the students gave up on any thinking over a week ago. Even though we're finishing up media literacy which is full of videos and examples of the media, many have "checked out". Since I am done with students taking up the oxygen in my class with nothing intelligent to say, I told today's classes that a) there were dumb answers and b) there were dumb questions. Unfortunately, many parents have told their children that the are no dumb questions. This is, indeed, dumb. My suggestion for everyone today was to think before they said anything. It's a good thing there are videos to occupy my time.
Comments
Yes, there are dumb questions. And this information needs to be passed on to others asap