Wednesday after my second day of morning biking, I posted to FB:
It seems I was the only one on the bike trail today without a helmet, and I was the only one that stopped at intersections for cars (because the cars don't have to stop... stop sign for bikers not cars). Maybe if I buy a helmet I won't have to stop for cars.
I had one response:
Mary, for crying out loud, buy a freekin helmet! I crashed a couple times on my bike and split a helmet both times. Think of how much more I'd be messed up than I already am if I didn't wear a helmet. When it comes to two wheeled contraptions (bikes and motorcycles) there are only those who have crashed and those who are going to crash.
Today I went to REI and bought a bike helmet. As I entered the cycling section, I asked someone to help me find a helmet. A young man helped me find a helmet that fit and one that had some color. When I asked him what I was going to do with my hair, he pointed to his short hair and said, "I don't know. I've never had that problem." I don't wear hats, EVER, so this is going to be interesting. Although I know it's the right thing to do, I'm not a fan of having something on my head.
Comments
Whose dog is that?