After today's session, perhaps the best of the three days, we decided to visit The Sixth Floor Museum. In April I read Stephen King's 11.23.12 which made today's visit more engaging. As my roomie in Dallas and colleague approached the ticket counter, she asked if there was a teacher discount. For some reason she actually had her ID and lanyard in her purse. Amazed that she paid $6 instead of $13, I approached the desk sheepishly and asked for the same discount explaining I didn't have my ID. The ticket agent accepted my insurance card and photo ID. Who knew? Anyway, I was pleased with the visit to the museum.
Walking through the museum I was caught by the images of JFK. Often I thought of presidents like Carter, Clinton, and Obama for various reasons. I remember thinking Obama would be assassinated within the first months of his presidency. My thoughts then went to JFK's presidency. How was he able to get so many things accomplished? Will we ever have another leader that will be able to do the same again?
Comments