This weekend I had the opportunity to stay at my dad's and listen to the coyotes calling in the distance. I'm not sure if this is a positive or negative experience, but it was a new experience. Waking up to the sound of pheasants, ducks, geese, and croaking frogs is certainly a pleasant experience even if it's at five in the morning. It reminds me of the simple things that many take for granted (including myself).
I also had the opportunity to converse with two long-time friends. Both are experiencing family challenges. As I talked to them, I felt a sadness and an awe. My friends are tenacious women with wonderful spirits. Although I can't assure either one of them that things will progress as they would like, I can assure them both that they will survive and perhaps even come out stronger. They remind me of this tree on my dad's lane. Although it's been knocked over and looks like it is having some major difficulties, it is still blooming and surviving.
Comments