I am less than happy with our current dean of students. Without giving an specifics, I will say that he makes my job more difficult. Our last dean had high expectations for and the respect of the students. Today as I started my first class, a couple of students said that they had seen the past dean in the entrance of our building. "I miss Mr. ____," I mentioned. "He got things done," a student mentioned. Amen! He got things done. Students really do have an idea about what's going on. The student that mentioned this is not a student that gets in trouble and has probably never been to the dean's office, yet he knows that the past dean "got things done". I bet he also knows that the current dean doesn't.
I am less than happy with our current dean of students. Without giving an specifics, I will say that he makes my job more difficult. Our last dean had high expectations for and the respect of the students. Today as I started my first class, a couple of students said that they had seen the past dean in the entrance of our building. "I miss Mr. ____," I mentioned. "He got things done," a student mentioned. Amen! He got things done. Students really do have an idea about what's going on. The student that mentioned this is not a student that gets in trouble and has probably never been to the dean's office, yet he knows that the past dean "got things done". I bet he also knows that the current dean doesn't.
Comments