See Yourself in Others
All being tremble before violence
All fear death
All love life
See Yourself in others
Then whom can you hurt?
What harm can you do?
He who seeks happiness
By hurting those who seek happiness
Will never find happiness
For your brother is like you
He wants to be happy
Never harm him
You too will find happiness
In this life
and after you leave this life
~Buddha
Today on the way to church I passed by a man on the side of the road. He was begging for change. It looked like he was using paper or an old napkin to blow his nose. "It looks like you could use a soft tissue," I said as I rolled down my window and offered him several tissues from my box of Puffs. He was thankful to quite thankful and explained that he had allergies. "I understand," I shared. My Puffs and compassion were more than enough. People merely need to know that someone understands.

Comments