![]() |
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pittsburgh_Pirates_MLB_Logo.svg |
Pirate Story by Robert Louis Stevenson
Three of us afloat in the meadow by the swing,
Three of us abroad in the basket on the lea.
Winds are in the air, they are blowing in the spring,
And waves are on the meadow like the waves there are at sea.
Where shall we adventure, to-day that we’re afloat,
Wary of the weather and steering by a star?
Shall it be to Africa, a-steering of the boat,
To Providence, or Babylon or off to Malabar?
Hi! but here’s a squadron a-rowing on the sea—
Cattle on the meadow a-charging with a roar!
Quick, and we’ll escape them, they’re as mad as they can be,
The wicket is the harbour and the garden is the shore.
First, I would like to mention that this is my 30th baseball post in this baseball challenge, so I'm waiting to see my name in lights or on Pronto's Blog. Since I used two minor league teams, I will finish out the last two MLB teams.
I've been sitting on the beach and walking up and down the beach looking for pirate ships, but I can't seem to find any. Replica (art) ships were the best I could do. It's a challenge this beach thing, but I'll keep looking for pirate ships. The Wikipedia problem has been figured out, so I have facts about the Pittsburgh Pirates. "The Pirates are also often referred to as the "Bucs" or sometimes the "Buccos" (derived from buccaneer, a synonym for pirate)." This seems dumb, but the Pirates have never asked me. When I see pirates in Puerto Vallarta, I will try to include pirate and Bucco in the conversation.
Other beach news... When I left my room at 10am for the beach today, I forgot my towel. There are strict towel rules, but they like me and gave me another one. It was also chilly, so they brought me yet another towel when they realized I was cold. At the same time rude gentleman was yelling at them because he wanted two towels, but only had one card. Being nice and polite certainly pays. Last year I found a great soap shop, so I'm off to see if I can find it again. Hasta manana.


Comments