![]() |
| hormiga.org |
Go Cubs Go
By Chicago folk legend Steve Goodman.
—–
Baseball season’s underway
Well you better get ready for a brand new day
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.
They’re singing …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.
They got the power, they got the speed
To be the best in the National League
Well this is the year and the Cubs are real
So come on down to Wrigley Field.
We’re singing now …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.
Baseball time is here again
You can catch it all on WGN
So stamp your feet and clap your hands
Chicago Cubs got the greatest fans.
You’re singing now …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.
I am Cubs' fan even though they rarely win. My Cubs' shorts (which may or may not fit) and my collection of Cubs pennant shirts show a long love/hate relationship with this team. When I was young, I started watching the Cubs on WGN with mi novio. The Cubs won the pennant in '84 and '89. I knew it was in the hands of fate and every five years they would win again, but baseball went on strike in '94. Unfortunately, I've only been to one game at Wrigley. It left me intoxicated and sad that I was in the "good seats" instead of the bleacher with the bleacher bums. Of course being a Cubs' fan, I also loved Harry Carey. In fact I made my NCTE traveling buddies stop at his bar when we were in Chicago. It seems crazy, but it's true. Also, I love Ryne Sandburg who not only played for the Cubs, but was once manager for the Iowa Cubs. Yep, that's all I have. It's time to catch my flight back to Minneapolis. Go Cubs!


Comments