![]() |
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Seattle_Mariners_logo.svg |
from Rime of the Ancient Mariner
It is an ancient Mariner,
And he stoppeth one of three.
`By thy long grey beard and glittering eye,
Now wherefore stopp'st thou me?...
...Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, nor breath nor motion;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.
Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink...
Seattle, home of the Mariners, is known for its rain, among other things. Last night it poured which was a relief because it brought the temperature down a little bit. Yesterday at school was miserable because the kids were amped up due to the summer like weather. The teachers were tired because of the summer like weather, and the building was sticky, gross, and warm. All of these are sadly true. Although I loved the summer like weekend, I realize it's better to have miserable weather until the end of school to keep things a little more calm.
One of the most hilarious times with my brother took place in Seattle. My brother lived in Seattle, and we were taking the ferry to Bainbridge Island for the afternoon. On our return trip, my brother was disgusted with the seagulls and the people feeding them. As he was scowling at the seagulls and calling them searats, one of the seagulls pooped on him. This mass of disgusting fecal matter slid down the front of M's shirt. I started laughing and couldn't stop. Even when he went to the restroom to try to clean up some of the mess, I stood by myself laughing hysterically. People started looking at me as if I were crazy, but it only made me laugh harder. When M returned from the restroom, he had cleaned up most of the excrement , but the smell remained. I loved that ferry ride! I guess you could say we were Mariners that day.
Today I am thankful for...
1) Last night an instructor saw me at the gym and seemed authentically glad to see me and disappointed I wasn't there for her class.
2) Yesterday's Hunger Games book club went better than expected. Even the two reluctant and overzealous (only in middle school) seventh graders that I chose to sit with did well with the conversation. Hunger Games may help reading as Harry Potter once did.
3) I received a box of childhood photographs from my brother. Anyone want to help me scan them?
4) Rain and it's gloominess... may it subdue the kids today!

Comments
Funny story about your bro. I've been on that ferry and I'm with him about the searats.