![]() |
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chicago_White_Sox.svg |
PATIENT HITTER by David D. Horowitz
Yes, I can smack your knucklers and spitters,
Dodge your beanballs, and stroke
Your curves to right for hits. Good hitters
Learn patience, adjust. We watch you choke
And grimace, sweat. We simply hit
And win, as you knuckle, bean, and spit.
Dodge your beanballs, and stroke
Your curves to right for hits. Good hitters
Learn patience, adjust. We watch you choke
And grimace, sweat. We simply hit
And win, as you knuckle, bean, and spit.
According to Wikipedia, "The White Sox play in the American League's Central Division. Since 1991, the White Sox have played in U.S. Cellular Field... nicknamed The Cell by local fans." Hey, I'm a fan of cell phones although I prefer Verizon to U. S. Cellular. My iPhone is actually one of my favorite things. It keeps me occupied which is typically a good thing.
The White Sox also had some type of "Black Sox" scandal. This is not all that surprising. Scandals seem to be everywhere in sports. Recently the St. Louis Rams were the target of a scandal that had more to do with the New Orleans Saints (Does New Orleans have a baseball team? I have some more things to say about New Orleans and the Saints) than the Rams. The Rams' new defensive coordinator has been "suspended indefinitely" from the NFL because of his behavior with the Saints. Although I agree that it was probably a bad decision for the Rams to hire him knowing of the probe, it still kind of stinks.
Yep, that's the Chicago White/Black Sox. Although some will say it was about football and not baseball, I gave facts about the team and included personal thoughts on The Cell or at least my cell. I also did not concentrate on the word black which would be a good descriptor of my feelings about waiting one more week until spring break.
![]() |
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_White_Sox |
A.J. Pierzynski also plays for the White Sox. At least he did in 2009 when this photo was taken. I'm sure he used to play for the Twins. It doesn't matter. He's beautiful! Now how's that for a baseball fact? In case you missed the fact, "He's beautiful." I chose the poem because A. J. has a bat in this picture, so he must be a batter.
Today I am thankful for...
1) It's Friday!
2) It's Friday!
3) It's Friday!


Comments
Great post. That Pierzynski is a cutie.
You covered a lot of ground here.