Last Saturday I sat down to do my taxes using Turbo Tax. For the last several (more than several?)years, I have used Turbo Tax. This year I had a gut reaction that my taxes were incorrect, but I couldn't figure out my mistake going back through my taxes. For some reason I thought it had something to do with how I answered questions about my HSA. Although I knew something was off and didn't know how I could possibly owe money, I filed the taxes electronically. Today I decided to take my taxes to H & R Block for their free "second look". It seems I was correct; my mistake had something to do with the HSA although the lady didn't really know what I had done wrong. Anyway, I paid them $100 to refile my federal and state taxes. Now, I owe state $7 and federal owes me $3500. The financially responsible people reading this have many questions such as, "Why do you have so much taken out of your check." The answer is that I like the refund at the end of the year. I know that this is not logical, but I like it. Anyway, I wish I would have followed my instincts and not filed my returns. At least I'll get money back although it will probably take three to four months.
The big question remains, "What will I do next year?" This is the first time I've had difficulties with Turbo Tax. H & R Block would be $100 more to have a real person fill out my taxes. Maybe it's worth it. It seems the graphic I used would say TurboTax although my upcoming refund would say H & R Block.

Comments
That's good news.
We always go to a person. We haven't gotten any great refunds in recent years, tho.
Oh well, happy to do our part to support our citizenry.
What?