This evening at book club I learned about a new app, iTunes U. It's not a new app, but it's a new app to me. It is college courses downloaded to an app. The lady that shared the new app is taking a course on the Revolutionary War and is reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine. While listening to the conversation, I downloaded iTunes U and started perusing courses (Please let me know if you have a favorite!). Actually, the new app also solves my Lenten practice dilemma. Typically I add something to my schedule for Lent. Something in addition to listing three things I'm thankful for each day. I was going to go back to praying the Rosary (not Catholic) like I did three years ago, but I found something better. In the humanities section of iTunes U, there are chapel sermons from Duke and other podcasts that I can add as my Lenten practice and listen while I'm on the bike. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent... Bring it!
This evening at book club I learned about a new app, iTunes U. It's not a new app, but it's a new app to me. It is college courses downloaded to an app. The lady that shared the new app is taking a course on the Revolutionary War and is reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine. While listening to the conversation, I downloaded iTunes U and started perusing courses (Please let me know if you have a favorite!). Actually, the new app also solves my Lenten practice dilemma. Typically I add something to my schedule for Lent. Something in addition to listing three things I'm thankful for each day. I was going to go back to praying the Rosary (not Catholic) like I did three years ago, but I found something better. In the humanities section of iTunes U, there are chapel sermons from Duke and other podcasts that I can add as my Lenten practice and listen while I'm on the bike. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent... Bring it!

Comments