God's Wheel by Shel Silverstein
GOD says to me with a kind
of smile, "Hey how would you like
to be God awhile And steer the world?"
"Okay," says I, "I'll give it a try.
Where do I set?
How much do I get?
What time is lunch?
When can I quit?"
"Gimme back that wheel," says GOD.
"I don't think you're quite ready YET."
of smile, "Hey how would you like
to be God awhile And steer the world?"
"Okay," says I, "I'll give it a try.
Where do I set?
How much do I get?
What time is lunch?
When can I quit?"
"Gimme back that wheel," says GOD.
"I don't think you're quite ready YET."
Tonight I had a leadership meeting after school. Dress code was one of the agenda items. Earlier I asked my principal if teachers and administrators would need to observe the code. It was a dig at a specific person, and he knew who I was talking about. At the meeting I was actually able to use her (and her shirt) as an example by merely wondering how the wording of the dress code would apply to her shirt.
I always take notes at these meetings and share them with my "team" members. My notes sometimes have unique comments that I am not able to share with the big group (because three administrators are at the table). Tonight as we talked (and talked) about dress code, it came up that costumes couldn't be worn at school. For some reason the example of wings was brought up (IDK). In my notes I mentioned my frustration about not being able to wear my wings and the realization that my halo was probably out too. At one point in the meeting my principal asked me to be quiet. He even suggested that he might need to kick me under the table. Although it did stop some (SOME) of my outward comments, it didn't stop my creative note taking.
I always take notes at these meetings and share them with my "team" members. My notes sometimes have unique comments that I am not able to share with the big group (because three administrators are at the table). Tonight as we talked (and talked) about dress code, it came up that costumes couldn't be worn at school. For some reason the example of wings was brought up (IDK). In my notes I mentioned my frustration about not being able to wear my wings and the realization that my halo was probably out too. At one point in the meeting my principal asked me to be quiet. He even suggested that he might need to kick me under the table. Although it did stop some (SOME) of my outward comments, it didn't stop my creative note taking.
Tonight I failed with citing the images. Both images were found on Google and appeared on other people's blogs. Let's be honest. Citing them is not citing the picture because Shel Silverstein is the artist, and the used them without permission.


Comments