![]() |
| http://www.freefoto.com/preview/41-07-87/Dead-End-Road-Traffic-Sign |
Typically I don't post during the school day. In fact I typically don't use the school computer for anything personally related. Today is a different story. It's my lunch break, and I have no desire to do anything productive. Actually this attitude/behavior is not limited to lunch. The seventh graders are taking a pilot MCA reading test on the computer, so realistically I should be able to sit back and correct the 130 five paragraph essays I collected yesterday. As of 11:53 I have corrected six. Instead of attempting to be more productive this afternoon, I plan on starting to read Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos. Don't worry; I am not crazy enough to believe that the outcome will be any better than that of correcting essays.
Today I am thankful for...
1) Baby Ruth and Butterfingers
2) Having a book to read this afternoon
3) The ability to be crabby with my colleagues
... seriously, that's the best I have today.
I'm adding on after reading my news feeds for the day while this class rocks at concentrating on the test. My concentration is not even close. Anyway I read an article that said Adrian Peterson would not start running this week. He had surgery two weeks before I did. If Adrian Peterson isn't up to running, and my PT thinks I'll be able to do 10 minutes on the elliptical next week, my recovery from my hip surgery is damn good. Add that to the list of thanks!

Comments