Last night was my last meeting with the PT until after my surgery. She talked about what the first week after my surgery would look like. If I read the situation correctly, she also tried to give me some advice about letting go. This is interesting since she has only known me for a little less than a month. It seems she thinks I am strong willed and independent... Who knew? Her strongest suggestion was that I let people take care of me. Many people have offered to help out, and I guess it's time to let the people help. A colleague suggested I set up a Google Doc and e-mail the link to those who have volunteered to help. At first I laughed and said that I could use my school account. Actually it seems like a good idea, so I will set up a Google Doc this weekend (obviously not using my school account), so people can come once a day to help me with my "range of motion" and perhaps entertain me a bit. This is a big step for me, but I think I can "let go".
Last night was my last meeting with the PT until after my surgery. She talked about what the first week after my surgery would look like. If I read the situation correctly, she also tried to give me some advice about letting go. This is interesting since she has only known me for a little less than a month. It seems she thinks I am strong willed and independent... Who knew? Her strongest suggestion was that I let people take care of me. Many people have offered to help out, and I guess it's time to let the people help. A colleague suggested I set up a Google Doc and e-mail the link to those who have volunteered to help. At first I laughed and said that I could use my school account. Actually it seems like a good idea, so I will set up a Google Doc this weekend (obviously not using my school account), so people can come once a day to help me with my "range of motion" and perhaps entertain me a bit. This is a big step for me, but I think I can "let go".

Comments