I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions. Why wait until the new year to do what needs to be done? New Year's resolutions certainly get on my nerves when it comes to the gym parking ramp. I've made it to the gym eight of the last eleven days and plan to go tonight after conferences. Although I won't make my twelve before surgery, it's been a good mental exercise. Actually last night I listened to Fighter by Christina Aguilera twice as a motivator. Unfortunately everyone who normally doesn't go to the gym is there with me taking up my parking spaces. Each and every day I've had to park on the upper level and walk down the crazy steps which last night were a bit slick. Normally this is reserved for Saturdays, not every day. Maybe by the time I am able to go back to the gym full time the others will realize their resolution was not meant to be.
Today's Kindness
This is again difficult since I haven't left my house yet, but my brother called last night to ask about my surgery. Also I received an e-mail from a colleague I rarely, if ever, talk to wishing me well on my surgery. Although these happened yesterday (technically last evening), I feel kindness will happen today. If not, I'll try to do my part.
Comments