During my PT appointment today I was alerted to the fact that my understanding of only having one week left on crutches was flawed. It seems the three weeks were "no weight bearing" not total meaning I have at least two weeks left on crutches. This was certainly not the highlight of my day. I left the PT's office in need of a fountain Diet Pepsi or some type of adult beverage. Since I'm still a bit unsure of myself on crutches at time, I went for the fountain drink. I entered SA and asked for a plastic bag (a difficult request since I rarely if ever get a plastic bag and carry bags in my car). The cashier was confused, but handed it over. Then I filled up my soda (3/4 full) and put it in the bag. This allowed me to carry the soda up my 14 (but who's counting) stairs. Clever, huh!?! Actually GENIUS!
Today's Kindness
The school secretary answered my multiple calls today and was super helpful. I plan on being back next week, but I wanted to have a contingency plan. Also I need to miss three days at the beginning of February for my uncle's funeral in Long Island.
People continue to check in on my progress.
Comments