The sky is low, the clouds are mean,
A travelling flake of snow
Across a barn or through a rut
Debates if it will go.
A narrow wind complains all day
How some one treated him;
Nature, like us, is sometimes caught
Without her diadem.
~ Emily Dickinson
Today I braved the stairs and icy sidewalks to go to church. I am always humbled when I attend the Sacred Journey service. It's not only the worship that urges me to church, it's also the wonderful people. Today we had a dramatic version of Jonah and the Big Fish with audience participation and a wonderful slide show. We were left with the message that God loves all of us, even the people we still find unlovable, a reminder, "We're in this together."
Today's Kindness
I stopped at Caribou for my large, skim, dark (one less scoop of chocolate) hot cocoa although I had no idea how to get it to my car. The barista that typically serves me on Sundays offered to carry it to my car. When I drove into my parking spot at church, a gentleman, who attends my service, pulled up next to me to see how I was doing. I asked him if he would carry my cocoa into church. He responded, "I was meant to be in your life." Ahhh.... Later he, who has his own health problems, asked if he could assist me to my car. Although I told him I was fine and needed to talk to some people, I appreciated his kindness.

Comments
Great poem by ED too.