Last night I mentioned to Dad and Carol that I could only watch one episode of The West Wing before I went to bed because "I hit the wall." Dad took it literally and figured I fell off my crutches. Today I am still exhausted. It's amazing how taking a shower and doing small exercises tend to wear me out. While Dad and Carol are having lunch with friends and doing more errands for me, I am icing/compressing, reading and relaxing.
This morning while I was geeking on the interweb a friend messaged me. It seems she's been home for six weeks and will perhaps need to be home for at least another month. Yesterday another friend posted, "It can always be worse. Be grateful." As I chatted with my friend who is on lock-down much longer than I will be, I realized the truth in these words.
Today's Kindness
Everyone continues to be kind, and I still feel guilty about doing this during and after surgery because I don't have to think about kindnesses because there are sooooo many.
My pastor called today to check on me.
Carol and Dad bought me a grabber which I used to pick up the grape that rolled across the floor as I was rinsing the grapes another friend brought over.

Comments