When I went to the PT, I asked a series of questions about what the week after surgery would look like. We talked about the pros and cons of me buying a cheap exercise bike instead of trying to go the the Y that first week. She thought buying a cheap exercise would be a good idea. After spending some time looking online (even Craig's List), I decided to check Dick's Sporting Goods. The gentleman that helped me was helpful to quite helpful. After he checked several stores, he didn't have anything less expensive than $300. I really didn't want to spend over $200 because I won't use it when I can get back to exercising at the Y. Sports Authority had a floor model (Schwinn A10) that I was able to get for a total of $179 (including tax). Although I called a friend to help me get it upstairs, I decided (after watching the guy put it into my car) that I could probably get it upstairs by myself. Instead of changing out of the clothes I wore to work, I took the bike upstairs in my skirt and boots. The bike did much better than the skirt!
When I went to the PT, I asked a series of questions about what the week after surgery would look like. We talked about the pros and cons of me buying a cheap exercise bike instead of trying to go the the Y that first week. She thought buying a cheap exercise would be a good idea. After spending some time looking online (even Craig's List), I decided to check Dick's Sporting Goods. The gentleman that helped me was helpful to quite helpful. After he checked several stores, he didn't have anything less expensive than $300. I really didn't want to spend over $200 because I won't use it when I can get back to exercising at the Y. Sports Authority had a floor model (Schwinn A10) that I was able to get for a total of $179 (including tax). Although I called a friend to help me get it upstairs, I decided (after watching the guy put it into my car) that I could probably get it upstairs by myself. Instead of changing out of the clothes I wore to work, I took the bike upstairs in my skirt and boots. The bike did much better than the skirt!

Comments