![]() |
| Mobilegs my Pair of Ergonomically Correct Crutches |
Today I met with the surgeon. He answered my questions correctly: Yes, you can go back to school. Yes, you can fly to NY for your uncle's funeral. Yes, you can drive to Iowa tonight. The was followed by my PT's favorite saying, "Let pain be your guide." We also talked about my unhealthy relationship with my crutches. I tried to explain that they do not maximize my positive energy. Although I still need to be on them for another week, he said I can start putting more weight on my left leg, but added, "Let pain be your guide." Basically, I was happy with my visit and was given the answer (yes) I required.
Today's Kindness
One of the stipulation about driving to Iowa was to get out periodically and move the hip joint. When I stopped at the rest area near St. James, the custodian greeted me at the door by pushing the handicap button to open the doors. He also advised me not to kick people bigger than myself. As I left, he helped me with the door again, and exclaimed, "Walk slow. Hurry Back." Funny and Kind!

Comments