My PT suggested that I try riding the exercise bike since I'm getting zero cardio with my hip problems. It's become part of my routine, and I'm happy to have some exercise since I'm sure it will be even more limited after my surgery (unless that Christmas Miracle that alleviates the pain and therefore cancels the surgery comes). Since I'm in Okoboji, I went to the YMCA. The $10 day pass seemed a bit steep since I only wanted to ride a bike for 30 minutes, but they were kind enough to let me use my YWCA membership (of which I had no real proof). From what I can tell the Y has two names: YMCA of the Okobojis and The Bedell Family YMCA. Berkely Bedell was the founder (?) of Berkley's (fishing company) and was an Iowa Democratic representative. I realize it seems like my post is going downhill quickly, but I am trying to make a point... give it a little more of your valuable time. Anyway, I was happy to be able to ride their stationary bike without paying the $10 day pass until I sat on the bike. As I adjusted the bike (nice to quite nice) and started riding, I noticed that three of the six televisions were showing Faux News. The other three were advertising for the area. Really?! I get that Okoboji is has many misguided Republicans, but it's the Bedell Family YMCA. Do you think a Democrat (dead or alive) really wants Faux News showing on half of the televisions? Of course, I had my music and didn't need to watch, but I did find myself repulsed to quite repulsed as I biked in the presence of ignorance.
My PT suggested that I try riding the exercise bike since I'm getting zero cardio with my hip problems. It's become part of my routine, and I'm happy to have some exercise since I'm sure it will be even more limited after my surgery (unless that Christmas Miracle that alleviates the pain and therefore cancels the surgery comes). Since I'm in Okoboji, I went to the YMCA. The $10 day pass seemed a bit steep since I only wanted to ride a bike for 30 minutes, but they were kind enough to let me use my YWCA membership (of which I had no real proof). From what I can tell the Y has two names: YMCA of the Okobojis and The Bedell Family YMCA. Berkely Bedell was the founder (?) of Berkley's (fishing company) and was an Iowa Democratic representative. I realize it seems like my post is going downhill quickly, but I am trying to make a point... give it a little more of your valuable time. Anyway, I was happy to be able to ride their stationary bike without paying the $10 day pass until I sat on the bike. As I adjusted the bike (nice to quite nice) and started riding, I noticed that three of the six televisions were showing Faux News. The other three were advertising for the area. Really?! I get that Okoboji is has many misguided Republicans, but it's the Bedell Family YMCA. Do you think a Democrat (dead or alive) really wants Faux News showing on half of the televisions? Of course, I had my music and didn't need to watch, but I did find myself repulsed to quite repulsed as I biked in the presence of ignorance.

Comments