The date for my surgery is set for Friday, January 13th. This morning I woke up thinking the tests today would prove I didn't need surgery. Instead of taking the entire day for appointments, I taught the first two classes with the substitute in the room, so he could see how it went. I realize this is a control issue, but I felt better about the day. Next I called the travel clinic to see if they could get me in for the second round of my Hep A shot since I had an extra twenty minutes. They gave me the pretty blue bandage. Next I drove to Mendota Heights (across the river :( ) for my 3D CT scan and injections. My wait between the two was one hour. Did I mention I love my iPhone? They gave me a ugly beige bandage even after I showed them my pretty blue bandage and suggested they try to do better. It's amazing she actually found me entertaining. I was feeling awesome leaving the CT/injection since I still had some pain/discomfort in my hip. My hope was the doctor would look at the results and realized he goofed. It wasn't a bone problem but merely a muscle problem. "More PT my friend, but you won't need surgery," I imagined him saying. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The injection did relieve the pain in the joint and both MRI and CT scan point to surgery. Boo! Actually it was more like boo hoo. It kind of knocked me back a bit and put me into a funk that even my pretty blue bandage isn't curing. My next stop took me back to work to talk to my principal and mention that I would be missing two weeks in January. A plan for my substitute is in place (fingers crossed!). BTW- When my doc and I were talking (negotiating) about how long I would be out, (Dr.- 3 weeks... Me- 1 week... decision- 2 weeks...) he asked, "When does your boss want you back?" I answered, "Honestly, probably not this year." From the other questions I had asked him, I think he understood this.
The date for my surgery is set for Friday, January 13th. This morning I woke up thinking the tests today would prove I didn't need surgery. Instead of taking the entire day for appointments, I taught the first two classes with the substitute in the room, so he could see how it went. I realize this is a control issue, but I felt better about the day. Next I called the travel clinic to see if they could get me in for the second round of my Hep A shot since I had an extra twenty minutes. They gave me the pretty blue bandage. Next I drove to Mendota Heights (across the river :( ) for my 3D CT scan and injections. My wait between the two was one hour. Did I mention I love my iPhone? They gave me a ugly beige bandage even after I showed them my pretty blue bandage and suggested they try to do better. It's amazing she actually found me entertaining. I was feeling awesome leaving the CT/injection since I still had some pain/discomfort in my hip. My hope was the doctor would look at the results and realized he goofed. It wasn't a bone problem but merely a muscle problem. "More PT my friend, but you won't need surgery," I imagined him saying. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The injection did relieve the pain in the joint and both MRI and CT scan point to surgery. Boo! Actually it was more like boo hoo. It kind of knocked me back a bit and put me into a funk that even my pretty blue bandage isn't curing. My next stop took me back to work to talk to my principal and mention that I would be missing two weeks in January. A plan for my substitute is in place (fingers crossed!). BTW- When my doc and I were talking (negotiating) about how long I would be out, (Dr.- 3 weeks... Me- 1 week... decision- 2 weeks...) he asked, "When does your boss want you back?" I answered, "Honestly, probably not this year." From the other questions I had asked him, I think he understood this.
Comments