Our Advent theme at church was "We are those who dream." Yesterday as I sat in the sanctuary, I was mesmerized by the giant dream catcher hanging from the ceiling. I wondered what others visiting the church must think to see the Native American dream catcher in a Christian church. A good source told me that Santa Claus often attended the 4pm service and sat in the upper right balcony. For some reason, he missed yesterday, and I only made it to two of the three services. Instead of attending the 11pm service I started watching the first season of The West Wing. I think I made a good decision. Today I made a poor decision. Instead of watching more West Wing, I decided to watch A Christmas Story for the first time. Why do people watch this each year? It's painful to quite painful to watch it the first time. It will never happen again.
Our Advent theme at church was "We are those who dream." Yesterday as I sat in the sanctuary, I was mesmerized by the giant dream catcher hanging from the ceiling. I wondered what others visiting the church must think to see the Native American dream catcher in a Christian church. A good source told me that Santa Claus often attended the 4pm service and sat in the upper right balcony. For some reason, he missed yesterday, and I only made it to two of the three services. Instead of attending the 11pm service I started watching the first season of The West Wing. I think I made a good decision. Today I made a poor decision. Instead of watching more West Wing, I decided to watch A Christmas Story for the first time. Why do people watch this each year? It's painful to quite painful to watch it the first time. It will never happen again.
Comments