Today the students were reading from Guys Write for Guys Read. The stories are captivating. Since I had already explained the written responses that needed to be completed, students had no need for me. I realize this, motivated learners, is a good thing, but I was completely bored. This is the second day of this assignment, and the journals are all graded. My last class needed me least of any class, and I was walking around the room with nothing to do. When I'm bored, I tend to be distracting to others, and I was a bit distracting to the last class. Of course I understood this, so I tried to explain that I was bored. They didn't care and really wanted me to leave them alone, so they could read. One student suggested I look up funny cat videos online. I found this video (via Huffington Post?) and shared it with the class before I tried to occupy myself.
Yeah, they didn't think it was that funny either. I need a better plan for tomorrow since it is the last day of this activity.
Comments
Like the cat photo. Stay strong.