Skip to main content

Natural Halo


Today I went horseback riding for the first time.  Initially I was scared to ride the horse.  Then my fear became more specific.  How do I get on the horse?  We were able to stand on a little platform, so it was easy.  Our instructions were simple.  Keep the horses on the trail and out of the grass.  I was able to do this most of the time.  When he really wanted the grass, I was instructed to use my legs.  Ahh, this made it all easy and possible.  The ride was beautiful and relaxing (as relaxed as I truly become) until a new fear emerged.  How do I get off the horse?  With my hip pain it may have been a less than graceful exit from the horse, but I did so without falling.  Riding a horse was certainly more scary than jumping out of a plane.  I'm glad I accomplished the task.  Thanks Living Social! 

P. S. Check out the natural halo around me.

Comments

KC said…
I like horseback riding, and I haven't done it for many years. This post is quite inspiring. Did you go to Diamond T Ranch?
jdoc said…
Nice work, mm! I love how you are facing these fears. I'll go riding with you next time.
I like the idea of Living Social, especially if you get to socialize with horses. Is this what motivated you to jump out of a plane, also?
LH said…
I'm not sure if I want to ride a horse or not. I have to think about it.