This afternoon a colleague with whom I co-teach and I presented at the MinneTesol (Minnesota Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) Fall Conference. I'll admit I did little to nothing to prepare for this presentation. We met a couple times and e-mailed, but little work was required. When I can merely stand up and talk and/or answer questions without a formalized speech, I do much better, and today went well. Although our group was small (smaller than the class we teach), I think those that attended left with useful ideas and a better understanding on how to move forward in their current school. Of course I know little about teaching ELL students or setting up an ELL program, so I spoke from the perspective of the classroom teacher. I will admit I enjoyed talking with these teachers, and it made me thankful for my current position. Even though I wasn't super excited to do this, it was a great experience. Plus, I was paid well to quite well for this two hour presentation.
This afternoon a colleague with whom I co-teach and I presented at the MinneTesol (Minnesota Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) Fall Conference. I'll admit I did little to nothing to prepare for this presentation. We met a couple times and e-mailed, but little work was required. When I can merely stand up and talk and/or answer questions without a formalized speech, I do much better, and today went well. Although our group was small (smaller than the class we teach), I think those that attended left with useful ideas and a better understanding on how to move forward in their current school. Of course I know little about teaching ELL students or setting up an ELL program, so I spoke from the perspective of the classroom teacher. I will admit I enjoyed talking with these teachers, and it made me thankful for my current position. Even though I wasn't super excited to do this, it was a great experience. Plus, I was paid well to quite well for this two hour presentation.


Comments