Although this should be a given, it seems "everyone" travels MEA weekend. I received a lesson on MEA travel this morning. Since I only took a half day and will be teaching Monday when I return, I decided to try park and ride (Park 'n Fly or Park 'n Go). For some reason I left early enough this morning that when I arrived to find both lots full, I still had time for an alternate plan. The suggestion from one of the parking attendants was to park at the airport. Instead I started calling people for help. The first person didn't answer, but the second person allowed me to park my car at her house near the airport and drove me to the airport. This was followed by a lengthy wait in security. At least I was still early, so I was able to make the weight in line. The wait was painful since I am not the most patient person, it was even more painful since I was standing next to twenty-five women on their way to Vegas. I guess traveling over MEA is not the best time.
The good news is Dallas is warm, and I had shrimp wrapped in bacon for dinner at a wonderful Mexican restaurant.
The good news is Dallas is warm, and I had shrimp wrapped in bacon for dinner at a wonderful Mexican restaurant.
Comments