I have an awesome job. More importantly, I have awesome colleagues that keep me entertained.
A general music class meets in my room. It is a class for students not in orchestra, choir, or band. Perhaps this is all I need to say about the student population. Any way, the teacher lets me sit in the room while she teaches. She also warns me when the students' journal will be a country song, so I can escape. Today the students were less than motivated. She used an analogy of working in a corporation. If there needed to be cuts, which two would be eliminated? Most students took the advice and started working while one students raised his hand. I guess he saw "the writing on the wall".
Earlier in the week a colleague commented about my apple being the "world's smallest apple". Today I took him an apple from my lunch which was smaller. He asked if I wanted to make a wager about whether or not he could eat it in one bite. I promised a dollar and tried to draft other teachers from nearby rooms and the hallway. No one would play. Two were concerned about his health, "What if he chokes?" Another colleague said, "I already dialed 9 - 1." Although we were obviously good to go, he didn't have enough money to follow through. It was still entertaining to quite entertaining.
During lunch I also went outside to make a phone call (Reception inside sucks.). It was glorious outside, and I informed the office staff. I then proceeded to the restroom. When I returned, I pointed out my eye was pink, informed the staff that it could be pink eye, and suggested that I may need a sub. "Did you poke yourself in the eye?" one asked. The truth is that I didn't poke myself in the eye and that it is still red. I do, however, appreciate that they thought I would actually poke myself in the eye to enjoy the day.
Finally, in a class after lunch I separated one student from his group of three. I then proceeded to ask the students to read quietly. Another student from this group asked if I would take the place of the removed student and read quietly with him. Ahhhh... Of course I moved to read quietly with these two.
BTW- I tried to take a picture of my red eye in the mirror, but it would have scared people if I posted it... not attractive.
A general music class meets in my room. It is a class for students not in orchestra, choir, or band. Perhaps this is all I need to say about the student population. Any way, the teacher lets me sit in the room while she teaches. She also warns me when the students' journal will be a country song, so I can escape. Today the students were less than motivated. She used an analogy of working in a corporation. If there needed to be cuts, which two would be eliminated? Most students took the advice and started working while one students raised his hand. I guess he saw "the writing on the wall".
Earlier in the week a colleague commented about my apple being the "world's smallest apple". Today I took him an apple from my lunch which was smaller. He asked if I wanted to make a wager about whether or not he could eat it in one bite. I promised a dollar and tried to draft other teachers from nearby rooms and the hallway. No one would play. Two were concerned about his health, "What if he chokes?" Another colleague said, "I already dialed 9 - 1." Although we were obviously good to go, he didn't have enough money to follow through. It was still entertaining to quite entertaining.
During lunch I also went outside to make a phone call (Reception inside sucks.). It was glorious outside, and I informed the office staff. I then proceeded to the restroom. When I returned, I pointed out my eye was pink, informed the staff that it could be pink eye, and suggested that I may need a sub. "Did you poke yourself in the eye?" one asked. The truth is that I didn't poke myself in the eye and that it is still red. I do, however, appreciate that they thought I would actually poke myself in the eye to enjoy the day.
Finally, in a class after lunch I separated one student from his group of three. I then proceeded to ask the students to read quietly. Another student from this group asked if I would take the place of the removed student and read quietly with him. Ahhhh... Of course I moved to read quietly with these two.
BTW- I tried to take a picture of my red eye in the mirror, but it would have scared people if I posted it... not attractive.
Comments