This morning was my first day of MILI (Metronet Information Literacy Initiative). The focus is on the 3 R's (research, reliable resources, responsible use). At first I was a bit frustrated because the beginning of the day wasn't interactive. The presenters were "talking at us". I realize this is important to disseminate information. It wasn't all bad. While I was listening, I used an online dictionary to peruse the 'V' section for today's blog (vegetables/hate broccoli, venus fly trap/ always wanted one, verse/what poem could I post?, vestal virgin/???, vex/challenges of daily blogging, vice president/would love to have a beer with Biden, video/favorite Youtube video, vocabulary/idea for next year's daily journal, vodka/prefer gin, vomit/IDK...follows vodka). Each word was worthy of today's blog since each word has a story (except vestal virgin... what's a vestal virgin?). I digress. As the day continued, I was more excited about being part of MILI because I feel it will be VALUABLE in my teaching. The focus is on web 2.0, and I learned new things. I set up a Ning as part of this year long experience although it was difficult to post. The truth is I blog and use web 2.0 applications in my personal life, but I need to do better in my professional life... which became the gist of my post.
I accomplished some tasks while listening:
1) I made "App Tabs" in Firefox.
2) I figured out how I changed the background of my Firefox page a long time ago.
3) I made Stickies with notes that came to mind.
4) I found a bulletin board idea (below).
5) Of course I checked my GoogleReader, TweetDeck, and Facebook which seemed appropriate because they are 2.0.


Comments