Tree of Life by Daniel Greene
Soil of birth and life,
Feedings, nurturing of roots,
Supplying strenght needed to grow,
Climbing, working, upward the trunk,
Gaining knowledge,
Branches reaching, grasping at goals,
Spreading my leaves to the sky.
Recently several people I respect, mainly from my church community, have commented on Tree of Life. Today in church someone else brought it up in conversation and mentioned it wouldn't be in the Twin Cities for long. I decided to take the time to see it this evening. Although I put an invitation and Facebook and e-mailed one person, I didn't try hard to find someone to accompany me. The truth is that I really don't like to go to movies. Actually I'm not really sure about going with people because it's not really a good time for conversation. This may have been a mistake because this is a movie that needs conversation. A few at church have mentioned coming together in discussion. I hope this comes to fruition.
During the movie, I wrote down quotes from the movie.
"You spoke to me through her, through the trees before I knew I believed in You."
"I want to know what You are. I want to see what You see."
"I didn't know how to name You then. But I see it was You. Always You were calling me."
I found the movie to be challenging, thought provoking, and honest. It seems I didn't know what to expect (maybe I should have watched the trailer) because the first round of universe and living organisms images had me questioning paying nine dollars to see the movie, but it came together as the movie progressed.
Soil of birth and life,
Feedings, nurturing of roots,
Supplying strenght needed to grow,
Climbing, working, upward the trunk,
Gaining knowledge,
Branches reaching, grasping at goals,
Spreading my leaves to the sky.
Recently several people I respect, mainly from my church community, have commented on Tree of Life. Today in church someone else brought it up in conversation and mentioned it wouldn't be in the Twin Cities for long. I decided to take the time to see it this evening. Although I put an invitation and Facebook and e-mailed one person, I didn't try hard to find someone to accompany me. The truth is that I really don't like to go to movies. Actually I'm not really sure about going with people because it's not really a good time for conversation. This may have been a mistake because this is a movie that needs conversation. A few at church have mentioned coming together in discussion. I hope this comes to fruition.
During the movie, I wrote down quotes from the movie.
"You spoke to me through her, through the trees before I knew I believed in You."
"I want to know what You are. I want to see what You see."
"I didn't know how to name You then. But I see it was You. Always You were calling me."
I found the movie to be challenging, thought provoking, and honest. It seems I didn't know what to expect (maybe I should have watched the trailer) because the first round of universe and living organisms images had me questioning paying nine dollars to see the movie, but it came together as the movie progressed.
Comments
So maybe I'll try to make this happen.
I love movies, so I should probably check this one out. thx for the review