After I had been sleeping for a couple hours last night, I awoke. At first I wasn't sure why I woke up. Then I heard it, a consistent beep about every 90 seconds. It was annoying enough to get me out of bed. First, I checked the basic electronics to see if they were the culprit. Next, I stood in each room trying to detect the location. Eventually I decided to listen in the hallway leading to the basement. Bingo! The sound was coming from the laundry room. When I entered the laundry room, it was obvious the smoke/carbon dioxide detector had a low battery because with the beeping was a voice that said, "Low battery." Obviously it needed someone to respond, and I responded by taking the battery off and returning to bed.
This morning after a sad run (S is for sad), I bought batteries (9 volt) and replaced them in the two alarms (one in laundry room and one in upstairs hallway). As soon as I replaced them the beeping and message returned. ARGHHH! I climbed up the ladder to check. It seems they need a special 9 volt, battery, so all was well after a trip to the hardware store... no more beeping.
Comments
I don't really remember what it ended up being. A watch?