Copyright issues... I did contact www.cartoonstock.com for the right to reproduce this cartoon and am waiting for a reply.
N is for Novel
I am currently reading the novel One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. It's a fairly good book, but I can't seem to find enough time to finish it.
N is for Novel Idea
My brother's birthday is August 19th. This year I wanted to give him something special and unique since he has stranded himself in Iowa working on his dissertation. Since he is working on his PhD, money is always a welcome gift, but I wanted to do more than put cash in his envelope. Well, I did put cash in his envelope, but I also came up with a novel idea. Inside I wrote a note saying I would give him the same amount of dollars as his age until I turned a year older. For example, let's say Michael is turning twenty, and I am turning twenty-one. He would get twenty dollars a month until November when I turned twenty-one. While we were the same age, he would get that amount in dollars. Get it? Novel idea? The problem that we encountered last night as he opened the card and read my note took awhile to solve. We went back and forth for five minutes trying to figure out how old we were. It seems we are a year apart for three months not the same age. Oops! At least it was a novel idea. The youngster will still get the money although the idea merely seems like a joke now.
N is for Novel
I am currently reading the novel One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. It's a fairly good book, but I can't seem to find enough time to finish it.
N is for Novel Idea
My brother's birthday is August 19th. This year I wanted to give him something special and unique since he has stranded himself in Iowa working on his dissertation. Since he is working on his PhD, money is always a welcome gift, but I wanted to do more than put cash in his envelope. Well, I did put cash in his envelope, but I also came up with a novel idea. Inside I wrote a note saying I would give him the same amount of dollars as his age until I turned a year older. For example, let's say Michael is turning twenty, and I am turning twenty-one. He would get twenty dollars a month until November when I turned twenty-one. While we were the same age, he would get that amount in dollars. Get it? Novel idea? The problem that we encountered last night as he opened the card and read my note took awhile to solve. We went back and forth for five minutes trying to figure out how old we were. It seems we are a year apart for three months not the same age. Oops! At least it was a novel idea. The youngster will still get the money although the idea merely seems like a joke now.

Comments