A better title for this blog would have been Lost and Found although I feel that I need to finish the countdown.
Today I went into lunch with a headache, so I finished the bottle of Advil (granted there were only two left) in my bag. When the headache did not leave, I pleaded with a colleague to go out and get me a fountain Diet Pepsi. Not only did he come through by asking another colleague to retrieve it for me, the colleague brought me a 52 oz. soda. To be honest, I didn't even know they made a 52 oz. soda. Although it wasn't my plan, I finished it. This was not an easy feat, and it took three hours.
My last class today was my reading group. Since it was the last group, I told them that any candy left in the storage container would be thrown at the end of the hour. I gave them simple directions. Don't rush the container. Eat no more than two at a time. Continue reading. Remain silent. This worked well as I was finishing up some last minute changes on my computer. When it came time for me to read with them, I realized my cell phone was not in my purse. This meant I had nothing to read and had lost my phone. With twenty minutes remaining, I really wanted to find my phone, so I took the entire group to look in my car. Let's be honest, there's six days of school left, and they're going to be quieter walking with me to my car than they are if they are left alone in the classroom. Of course my phone was not in my car (It was found at home later).
Today I went into lunch with a headache, so I finished the bottle of Advil (granted there were only two left) in my bag. When the headache did not leave, I pleaded with a colleague to go out and get me a fountain Diet Pepsi. Not only did he come through by asking another colleague to retrieve it for me, the colleague brought me a 52 oz. soda. To be honest, I didn't even know they made a 52 oz. soda. Although it wasn't my plan, I finished it. This was not an easy feat, and it took three hours.
My last class today was my reading group. Since it was the last group, I told them that any candy left in the storage container would be thrown at the end of the hour. I gave them simple directions. Don't rush the container. Eat no more than two at a time. Continue reading. Remain silent. This worked well as I was finishing up some last minute changes on my computer. When it came time for me to read with them, I realized my cell phone was not in my purse. This meant I had nothing to read and had lost my phone. With twenty minutes remaining, I really wanted to find my phone, so I took the entire group to look in my car. Let's be honest, there's six days of school left, and they're going to be quieter walking with me to my car than they are if they are left alone in the classroom. Of course my phone was not in my car (It was found at home later).
Comments