Today was the last day for students. It's called activity day, and we spent a chilly day at the zoo. Actually it wasn't as bad as I had envisioned and was an easy day. I spent the day walking the trails, looking at otters (I ♥ otters!) and talking to the kids. Truthfully I would have missed the baby otters on the Minnesota trail if some students hadn't kindly called me over to look with them. Many sweet things happened although two stand out for me because they were closer to the end of the day. First two boys saw another walking by himself and asked him to join them although it was obvious they didn't really know each other. Then as we were leaving the bus at the end of the day, the last boy off the bus actually turned around and thanked the bus driver without any prodding from an adult. This has been a great year. One more day (grades and last minute stuff), and it's officially summer.
Today was the last day for students. It's called activity day, and we spent a chilly day at the zoo. Actually it wasn't as bad as I had envisioned and was an easy day. I spent the day walking the trails, looking at otters (I ♥ otters!) and talking to the kids. Truthfully I would have missed the baby otters on the Minnesota trail if some students hadn't kindly called me over to look with them. Many sweet things happened although two stand out for me because they were closer to the end of the day. First two boys saw another walking by himself and asked him to join them although it was obvious they didn't really know each other. Then as we were leaving the bus at the end of the day, the last boy off the bus actually turned around and thanked the bus driver without any prodding from an adult. This has been a great year. One more day (grades and last minute stuff), and it's officially summer.
Comments