Last night when I was speaking to my father and his significant other on the phone about my health care directive, we talked about my recent Echocardiogram (an amazing test). The results aren't officially back, but it seems everything is normal. This is the good news. The bad news (translating the doctor's statement) is that I am overweight and out of shape (my words not hers). Anyway, I also mentioned that I was going to the doctor today for this rash/dry skin on my eyelids which is annoying and a bit painful. As we talked, I mentioned that I was falling apart since my hip flexors were in pain after walking in to the gym, working out, and walking home. Again I digress. When I was at the doctor getting a steroid ointment for my eye, she asked several questions trying to find out the cause of the irritation. One question had to do with joint pain. I mentioned that I didn't have joint pain, but my hip flexors were certainly in a lot of pain. This led to her doing some tests and sending me to physical therapy. If it hadn't been for my eyelid irritation, I think I would have spent the summer icing, taking Advil and stretching without any additional help.
My point? I may be falling apart, but I am thrilled with that this eyelid thing led to help for my hip flexors, so I can be more in shape and less overweight. This is going to be a great summer.
My point? I may be falling apart, but I am thrilled with that this eyelid thing led to help for my hip flexors, so I can be more in shape and less overweight. This is going to be a great summer.
Comments