Harold Camping promised today, May 21, 2011, would be the end of the world. He quotes, "Just before the flood Noah was instructed by God that in seven days the flood would begin (Genesis 7:10-16). Using the language of 2 Peter 3:8 that "a day is as a thousand years," it is like saying through Noah, who was a preacher (2 Peter 2:5): "mankind has seven days or 7,000 years to escape destruction." Since 2011 A.D. is precisely 7,000 years after Noah preached, God has given mankind a wonderful proof that Judgment Day will occur in the year 2011." How could anyone ignore this?
Yesterday I contemplated about song lyrics. I tried to choose from: "Should I stay or should I go?" and "It's the end of the world as we know it." Then I started to get excited about my wings and halo. Don't worry. I wasn't taking this lightly. For a minute this morning I was concerned that my tan wasn't ready for the event since I would obviously be wearing white.
As the day progressed, I started feeling that perhaps it wasn't going as Harold and I had planned. A friend questioned the time zone, so I did some research. It seems it happens at 6pm across time zones, but I was concerned that I hadn't read the news of any other occurrences.
Then my hopes were lifted. My brother reminded me of a bumper sticker that said, "Get Right or Get Left". Although I couldn't find an image, it renewed my hope. Maybe I wasn't going to get my wings and halo, but imagine tomorrow! All of those on the right will be gone and all of us progressives will be left. Can you imagine? This is going to be awesome!!

Comments