The last third of today's workshop was set aside for "team building". The staff was given two choices (athletic events or a presentation by a chef from The Kitchen Window). I chose the chef presentation and was actually looking forward to it although I rarely cook. Unfortunately the chef had a personal emergency (legit) and could not show. My principal scrambled to find an alternative. His idea, "Cupcake Wars" was delightful to many and disgusting to me. First, I have never watched the show. Let's be honest, I've NEVER watched the Food Network. Second, we were put into groups, and mine was not a fun group. Third, I didn't want to bake cupcakes. Fourth, and perhaps most important, using utensils cleaned by middle school students is not at all appealing to me. Fifth, it didn't take me long to realize we would need to wash the dishes at the end. The good news is one of my group members "knows everything", so I knew they would do fine without me. After giving it my best for at least five minutes, I headed for the door. Instead of being aggravated for the remaining fifty minutes, I went for acupuncture to relieve my sinus problems and ensuing headache.
The last third of today's workshop was set aside for "team building". The staff was given two choices (athletic events or a presentation by a chef from The Kitchen Window). I chose the chef presentation and was actually looking forward to it although I rarely cook. Unfortunately the chef had a personal emergency (legit) and could not show. My principal scrambled to find an alternative. His idea, "Cupcake Wars" was delightful to many and disgusting to me. First, I have never watched the show. Let's be honest, I've NEVER watched the Food Network. Second, we were put into groups, and mine was not a fun group. Third, I didn't want to bake cupcakes. Fourth, and perhaps most important, using utensils cleaned by middle school students is not at all appealing to me. Fifth, it didn't take me long to realize we would need to wash the dishes at the end. The good news is one of my group members "knows everything", so I knew they would do fine without me. After giving it my best for at least five minutes, I headed for the door. Instead of being aggravated for the remaining fifty minutes, I went for acupuncture to relieve my sinus problems and ensuing headache.

Comments