Skip to main content

Stick Man and Brown Cat

Jealousy is a feeling I've frequently felt during this blog image challenge. First, I am jealous that others have iPads. Maybe the challenge contestants could chip in money to help me buy me one! Next, I can't draw, so I am envious when others display their artistic ability during this challenge. Being artistic is something I've always envied. I've even taken community education drawing class with little to no success. When I put those two things together, I can only come up feeling green with jealousy. This jealousy reached its peak last night when I downloaded two drawing apps to my iPhone, "draw4free" and "DoodleBuddy". Of course it only made me realize that the app isn't going to make cool pictures with my help.
At least I was able to put clothes on my stick person which is important. Often I draw pictures on the white board to help students. They always laugh at me. It works well for those students who also are lacking artistic ability. When they ask if they can draw stick people, I let them know they can, but they need to put clothes on their stick people. "Don't make me look at naked stick people," I tell them.


It wasn't, however, a complete failure. When I downloaded "DoodleBuddy" it asked me if I wanted to download "FingerScan" for free. FingerScan is the modern day mood ring or Magic 8 Ball. I actually scanned my finger several times in a row to see the different answers. Today I had to search out an all knowing tech person to help me figure out how to do a screen shot on my phone. While we were talking, I showed her "FingerScan". As if I had wished it, her result was my favorite from last night, so I was able to get the screen shot.

Comments

dw said…
I don't know if you saw my drawings in this challenge, but The Guy is not exactly Picasso. I am right there with you, and always wished I was better at drawing stuff. I liked your stick figure, though. And the blue and green was like my high school colors!repechyp
Kc said…
For all of my drawings, I've used how-to videos that show step by step to make the pic. Google away!
LH said…
I like your drawings.

I wish I hadn't lost my iTouch. I would like to try to draw on the iTouch.

Popular posts from this blog

Sankalpa Day 5

Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa .  "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal."  My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active.  Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside.  December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity.  I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food).  Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country .  President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" .  Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group.  The...

What if... The Delivery

  Molly was excited to get a package from her friend who lives in Alaska.  When she opened the box, she was confused.  Although the shirt was actually soft and of good quality, she was upset by the guns in the flag.  When she googled Holster's, it was exactly what she thought... pro-gun.  She didn't know how to handle the situation, so she sent a picture stating she was confused. Her friend had obviously lost her mind.  During the conversation, she kept proclaiming that she hadn't sent a t-shirt.  When Molly explained it was her writing on the box, things became weird.  The friend was in a state of denial.  Molly even sent a text with a picture of the writing on the box. Molly's friend was adamant that she sent homemade condiments.  She wouldn't give up on her story even though it was clear Molly is in possession of an NRA type t-shirt.  After much deliberation, the two friends realized what had happened.  The original box, wit...

Missing You

Two Sundays ago I missed church because I was out of town. Last Sunday I missed church because I could not get to church due to the marathon (blocking my path... not my running). Dad and I tried to leave early, but we did not leave early enough. I joked with Dad about the fact that they would miss me at church. When I checked my e-mail this evening, I actually had an e-mail from my pastor saying I was missed. It was a short e-mail, but it was sweet and definitely a positive part of my day.