
"The Breeze at Dawn
Has Something to Tell You.
Try to Stay Awake,
Choose a Path to Take,
Even if you don’t know where you’re going.
Trust own unknowing.
Don’t Go Back To Sleep!"
~Jalaluddin Rumi
This morning I awoke for church although I really wanted to stay in bed. Psalm 23 was the text and in unusual fashion it was read from the King James Version. Next we were shown images of sheep (mainly in peaceful settings on the country side). As I watched the computer images wandering about their Google search, I also spent time wandering if images of sheep were worth getting out of bed. After the sheep images, the 23rd Psalm (same version) was read again. More images were shown, poignant images, of recent catastrophes (hurricane, tsunami, oil spill, glaciers melting...) After these devastating images came images of people helping and showing compassion. Of course this was followed again by the 23rd Psalm. It was amazing and worth leaving my comfortable bed. I realize it's hard to describe and wish I had the images to show, but it was powerful.
Psalm 23 (KJV)
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green [1] pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest [2] my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
I give thanks for...
1) getting out of bed (staying awake)
2) images ("a picture is worth 1,000 words" or more)
3) laundry is almost finished
Comments
thx!