Today, while I was watching my first hour students sleep, I read a blog in which the author quote Angeles Arriens. Let me explain. Today was the reading MCA, and students tested in their first hour class. Since it was my prep hour, I started the test, left for a bit, then returned to finish the test. When I returned before the break, half of my class had finished their test and needed to be quiet, so they had their heads on the desks. I understand why one wouldn't want to read after taking a reading test. My problem is these students obviously rushed through the test and should still have been testing. This bodes well for the philosophy that teachers should be judged on their students test performance since many of my students obviously didn't give a shit. As I sat watching the students sleep and reading this blog in which Angeles Arriens was quoted, I had an epiphany. Yes, I do exaggerate, but her message was this: “Show up. Pay attention. Tell the truth. Don’t be attached to the results.” Maybe it's time I "don't be [get] attached to the results".
Today I give thanks for...
1) book club and dinner with friends
2) no school on Friday (It may be a bit early to be thankful for this, but I am).
3) Bananagrams

Comments