
"There's somethin' wrong with the world today
I don't know what it is
Something's wrong with our eyes
We're seein' things in a different way
And God knows it ain't his
It sure ain't no surprise
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
There's somethin' wrong with the world today
The light bulb's gettin dim
There's meltdown in the sky
If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I"
~Livin' on the Edge by Aerosmith
Recently I posted a link on my Facebook page. It spoke of Obama's reluctance to join the protests in support of the teachers and unions. I posted it out of frustration with Obama not following through on his campaign promises. An acquaintance commented, "Wow that's a shock." The person who made this comment is working although he should be near retirement. He has little money. The Republicans are doing NOTHING for him or anyone else living in poverty or as middle class Americans. I am not only saddened by people like the person that commented on my Facebook pages, there are others that are completely oblivious to what is happening in our country. Recently I read a comment on another post by someone who wanted to know why the 14 Wisconsin Democrats weren't there to vote. My hope is that this person was out of the country and not merely completely uninformed although I am afraid some people get their news from questionable sources if they get it from any source at all.
Although I am not pleased with Obama's move to the right (central?), I am less pleased with the Republicans "love affair" with the rich and big business. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised with Obama's actions since he did campaign on "no blue or red states, but the United States." I am disappointed in his seemingly ignoring middle class Americans and those who put him in office. My concern is not limited to the latest craze to bust unions; I am concerned about the environment (Republicans are pushing to drill anywhere and everywhere forgetting recent catastrophe in the Gulf) and all the other Democratic initiatives that put the needs of people and our Earth first. I, however, understand that Obama is still the Democratic President of the United States, and I want him and his initiatives to be successful. Maybe the recent problems in Wisconsin (and other states including Iowa(?)) will unite the Democratic party against the crazy Republicans (especially Teabag crowd).
I give thanks for...
1. healthy food
2. afternoon walk
3. the Wisconsin 14 and all others standing up for the rights of the middle class
Comments