"S is the sound of the sea. Her surge and suck, her spray and surf. Sometimes she seethes. With her s, the sea marries the shore, and then there is scamper and slush in the sand. With curling s's the sea rises to stroke the side of her superior, the sky, who loves and meets her in the s of spray, spawned in liquid and air."
I found it fitting that I read this passage from Ahab's Wife as I was sitting on the beach listening to the ocean slide against the shore wondering why I don't live near the ocean. This passage from Ahab's Wife was read from my iPod since Kathy (from room 340) came through with a charger. Without the charger my day would have been merely reading The History of Neoliberalism. Instead I woke up and did yoga (using my iPod). After yoga I took a walk listening the ocean and soft music (from my iPod). Next I finished Ahab's Wife (on my iPod). Then after reading The History of Neoliberalism, I was able to text my brother (with my iPod). Do you see how Kathy made my day perfect?
My gratitude list...
1) sound of the sea
2) Kathy (room 340)
3) idea for my moon tattoo from henna guy
BTW- The top photo is taken from in front of my room. The bottom photo is taken from the beach.
Comments