"I said no more teachers and no more books
I got a kiss under the bleachers
Hoping that nobody looks"
from "My First Kiss" Ke$ha
While working out tonight, it became apparent that current politics is affecting me more than it should. "My First Kiss" has been the triceps song for at least a month. Tonight during the tricep track, the instructor merely repeated the lyrics, "no more teachers and no more books", and I took it personally. No, I didn't say anything, but it did make me think about all of the negative comments made about teachers lately. It is sad when I am feeling stressed about the situation in Wisconsin (Florida, Ohio...) enough that I would take innocent lyrics personally. The song is not against teachers, and I know this but...
I got a kiss under the bleachers
Hoping that nobody looks"
from "My First Kiss" Ke$ha
While working out tonight, it became apparent that current politics is affecting me more than it should. "My First Kiss" has been the triceps song for at least a month. Tonight during the tricep track, the instructor merely repeated the lyrics, "no more teachers and no more books", and I took it personally. No, I didn't say anything, but it did make me think about all of the negative comments made about teachers lately. It is sad when I am feeling stressed about the situation in Wisconsin (Florida, Ohio...) enough that I would take innocent lyrics personally. The song is not against teachers, and I know this but...
Comments